The Good Bits of Anish Kapoor

I watched a red waxy mixture being shot out of a canon with an eardrum-piercing explosion and splatter with abandon over the crisp, clean white walls of a prestigious London art gallery last autumn.  I must admit I wasn't impressed by the messy, loud exhibit at the Royal Academy. The reaction of onlookers varied, and a feeling of general bemusement was prevalent.  There were parts of the Anish Kapoor exhibition I hated - and some I loved.  This was my favourite...

And this was also beautiful...
All Tree and the Eye, the artist's major new sculpture, which was on display in the Annenberg Courtyard. "Infinitely repeating and reflecting its surroundings, like much of Kapoor’s work, this object both disorientates and distorts, challenging our traditional notion of form and space."